Apply for 2022 ADB-JSP (Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program) for Graduate Students
Apply for 2022 ADB-JSP (Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program) for Graduate Students.
The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program awards around 135 graduate scholarships each year to students pursuing doctorate degrees in business and management, science and technology, and other development-related subjects.
The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank headquartered in the Ortigas Center in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. It was founded on December 19, 1966. In addition, the corporation operates 31 field offices around the world to promote Asia’s social and economic development.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) describes itself as a social development organization dedicated to poverty reduction in Asia and the Pacific through inclusive economic growth.
Summary of the Asian Development Bank’s Japan Scholarship Program 2022
- Host Country: Japan
- Category: Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: 20 Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: Not Specified
With funding from the Japanese government, the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was created in April 1988. Its goal and objective are to give highly qualified people of ADB developing nations the chance to undertake postgraduate courses in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related subjects at 29 educational institutions in ten Asian and Pacific countries.
Scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social growth of their home nations once their studies are completed.
Requirements for the scholarship:
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP):
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country and Japanese ODA scholarship-eligible country
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Have gained admission to an approved master’s course at a Designated Institution.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record;
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. The candidate must have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies;
- Not be more than 35 years old at the time of application, unless waived in exceptional cases with the expressed endorsement of the Government of Japan;
- Be in good health;
- Agree to return and work in his/her home country for at least two (2) years after completion of studies under the Program in order to contribute to its development;
- Not be an Executive Director, Alternate Directors, management, staff and consultants of ADB, or the close relatives of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as spouse, mother, stepmother, father, stepfather, sister, stepsister, brother, stepbrother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew;
- Not be staff of ADB–JSP Designated Institutions;
- Not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country; and
- Not be already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
Scholarship Reward and Duration
Scholarship applications should be submitted at least six months before the start date of your study.
Please refer to the participating academic institutions’ standard intake month and application deadline.
The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees
- monthly subsistence allowance (including housing)
- books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
A special grant for thesis preparation may be provided for scholars engaged in research. Computer literacy, preparatory language, and other related courses may be provided under the scholarship in exceptional circumstances.
How to Apply
To begin their application, interested and qualified applicants should click on the button below.